Dear MacPeople Members and Friends,
It is with a heavy heart that we announce that MacPeople, the Gaiensville Area Macintosh Users Group, will hold its last regular meeting on Thursday, December 8, 2016.
Since 1985, MacPeople has served the Apple enthusiasts in the greater Gainesville Area with monthly meetings, question and answer sessions, news and information, presentations, a community listserve and more. We are very proud of the legacy the club leaves behind.
MacPeople will continue to meet through the end of 2016. We hope you will join us for our final regular meeting on November 10, 2016 and for a special farewell meeting and holiday party on December 8, 2016. We are planning a special send off and encourage members who have left the club or do not regularly attend to come say goodbye.
The officers are working through the logistics of wrapping up the club’s business and will post additional information to this website as necessary. For now, here are answers to a few common questions:
- For the past several months, MacPeople has not been renewing memberships. Anyone who was a paid member as of July 1, 2016 has had their membership automatically extended through the end of the year.
- The MacPeople Listserve (the Google email group) will remain active through 2017. A decision as to whether the Listserve remains active beyond that point will be made at a later date.
- If you have borrowed a resource from the MacPeople library please return it by the December 8th meeting. If you are unable to return an item in person, contact us for mailing information. At that meeting, the contents of the library will be made available to members. We will establish a “lottery” or similar system for fairly distributing items to any interested member. Anything remaining at the end of the night will be donated to the Alachua County Friends of the Library.
- If you have any business with MacPeople to be settled, you must make a written request before December 5, 2016. All final checks will be written and the club’s books will be closed after the meeting on December 8, 2016.
- Any funds remaining in MacPeople’s bank account after the last meeting will be donated to the University of Florida Entomology Department as a thank you for allowing the group to use their facility for so many years.
- If you have additional questions that were not covered above please contact us. This page will be updated with additional information as necessary.
Thank you for your support of MacPeople.